Today we made a protein bar with a base consisting of peanut butter, coconut nectar, whey isolate, and coconut flour.
The customer called their ‘soft & chewy’ creation ‘Strength’.
In addition to the base ingredients, this customer chose a number of other tasty options including:
- Oats (great for texture)
- Cacao nibs (add crunch and healthy fats/antioxidants)
- Flaxseeds (rich in fiber and omega 3 fatty acids)
- Coconut oil (adds lauric acid and improves texture)
- Tart cherries & goji berries (rich in antioxidants)
- Vanilla (great flavor)
- Flaxseed powder (fiber and omega 3’s)
- Maca (lots of nutrients)
- Cacao (chocolate flavor and antioxidant rich)
Overall, ‘Strength’ has 16 ingredients in total.
240 Calories, 10g Fat, 26g Carbohydrates (16g Sugar/5g Fiber), 11g Protein.
Expect plenty of peanut flavor with a hint of coconut & coconut nectar. Cacao nibs and flaxseeds will provide crunch, while the tart cherries and goji berries will add chewiness. Although there is cacao in this recipe, it may be overpowered by the other stronger flavors.