While working full time to build his original company - Macaw! Foods - Owen frequently encountered customers looking for a protein bar with specific ingredients, macros, flavors, or textures.
Instead of ignoring these potential customers, inspiration was born for a second venture.
Although focused on Macaw! Foods, Owen simultaneously began working with his close friend, Adam Franklin, to develop a separate business and website where customers could easily create their very own, fully customized protein bars online, and have them shipped directly to their door anywhere in the USA.
The concept is meant to be fun, simple, and reasonably priced for consumers who want the freshest bars possible, while avoiding the inconvenience of having to make them at home. With Adam's extensive background in nutrition and web development, combined with Owen's passion for creativity and food, the two entrepreneurs spent nearly three years turning their unique concept into a reality.
Here's How It Works:
- Pick and choose your own ingredients from the extensive list of options. Nut butters, seeds, protein powders, chocolates, flavorings, etc. (Lot's of vegan and organic options!)
- Watch your nutrition chart update LIVE as you build.
- Give your bars a personalized name (to be printed on the front of your bars).
- Select a color for your packaging. Seven colors to choose from!
- Submit your order and we will make your protein bars FRESH in our dedicated facility, package them, and ship them right to your door!
Although the website and service has been up and running for several years, it did not become officially available to the general public until January 2018, due to personal time constraints related to the growth of Macaw! Foods.
"This is a passion project that's been in the works for several years now. It's taken a lot of time, energy, and resources to get everything positioned properly so that we can finally open up our service to a wider audience. Anyone in the USA can now build a customized box of protein bars through our website, have them made fresh to order, and then shipped to their home. We're pretty excited." -Owen & Adam